KS3 Poetry Unit - Growing Pains
English Teaching Resources: Poetry Unit - Growing Pains.
Poetry Unit - Growing Pains is a 60 slide editable PowerPoint presentation with worksheets
English Teaching Resources: Poetry Unit - Growing Pains contains a range of tasks and activities designed to introduce pupils to the key skills of poetry analysis.
Poetry Unit - Growing Pains covers a range of skills such as:
- Annotating a poem
- How to deduce the poet's thoughts and feelings
- Studying structure and form, rhythm and rhyme
- Writing a personal response
- Understanding themes
- Using P.E.T.E.R. to write about poetry
- Focusing on a poet's use of language
- A 60 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 15 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow
The poems studied include: Getting Dressed for School, I am very Bothered, Hide and Seek, Yellow, The House and Brendon Gallacher.
To view the English Teaching Resource: Poetry Unit - Growing Pains in more detail please click on the Powerpoint images.