KS3 Comprehension - Jamaica Inn - teaching resource
KS3 Comprehension - Jamaica Inn
This three-lesson unit is designed to help Year 9 learners develop their comprehension skills in preparation for GCSE. It is made up of a 44-slide PowerPoint presentation, 4 worksheets and a comprehension assessment that uses an extract from Daphne du Maurier’s ‘Jamaica Inn’.
- An introduction and advice about approaching a GCSE-type comprehension task
- Analysing the extract – what to do on a first and second reading
- Understanding unfamiliar vocabulary and reading between the lines
- How to write an extended answer about language and techniques
- How to refer to the text and use quotes and quotation marks accurately and effectively
- How to write an extended answer about structure
- How to answer a 20 mark evaluation question effectively
- A 45-minute 5-question comprehension exercise
- Feedback on student responses to the previous lesson’s comprehension task and discussion of success criteria
- All five comprehension questions and answers explored in detail
- Detailed exemplar/model answers for all five questions discussed
KS3 Comprehension – Jamaica Inn has everything you need to help you develop essential comprehension skills at upper KS3. Click on 'View all Slides' then the images to preview the whole resource.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits