English Teaching Resources: Island Man (Grace Nichols) is an excellent resource for teaching the poem Island Man by Grace Nichols.
Our Island Man resource fully utilises PowerPoint as an effective teaching tool; all PowerPoint slides are clear and easy to follow and use a number of techniques to help students develop knowledge and understanding of the poem Island Man.
To view the complete resource Island Man (Grace Nichols) PowerPoint in more detail you can preview the resource by clicking on the slides in the preview box underneath the resource’s description. English Teaching Resources: Island Man (Grace Nichols) includes a wide range of activities for pupils of all abilities such as:
* a quick biography of Grace Nichols and the social and historical context of Island Man
* activities to develop knowledge of the ‘narrative’ of Island Man
* exploration of the key themes of Island Man (identity, immigration, isolation, etc)
* developing awareness of techniques used in poetry – metaphor, imagery, alliteration, onomatopeia, etc
* teaching the use of Point/Evidence/Explain to write about Island Man
* Grace Nichols’ purpose and the poems meaning
* analysis of Grace Nichols’ use of language in Island Man
* Grace Nichols use of poetic techniques
* developing inference and deduction skills
To preview English Teaching Resources: Island Man (Grace Nichols) click on the images.Our Price : £4.99 / 4 Credits