Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl is an 11 lesson teaching unit which consists of an 85 slide PowerPoint presentation and a booklet of 16 worksheets.
English Teaching Resources: Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl is an 11 lesson scheme of work with an 85 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and a 16 page booklet of worksheets.
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl contains a variety of lessons and activities designed to help children understand the novel's plot, characters, language and themes.
Our Fantastic Mr Fox teaching resources include something for children of all abilities:
- A scheme of work overview with 11 progressive four part lessons covering the author Roald Dahl, plot, character, themes and language
- A Roald Dahl mini biography, a video about Roald Dahl by Michael Rosen, a comprehension task and a class game
- Reading, writing and speaking and listening activities
- Eleven 4 part lessons each with starter activity, introduction, development and plenary
- Developing making predictions skills using book covers (images, title, author, blurb) about plot, characters, themes and genre
- Exploring how Roald Dahl creates characters
- Writing-frames to help children write about characters
- Examining Roald Dahl's use of language in Fantastic Mr Fox (using effective verbs and adjectives)
- Creating a comic strip version of Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl to assess understanding of the plot
- Tips for tackling new words
- Cross curricular - Endangered species (Geography, Citizenship, nature and the environment)
- Full scheme of work overview
- An 85 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 16 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow
- And lots more
To view the English Teaching Resource: Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl in more detail you can click on the Powerpoint images in the boxes.Our Price : £14.99 / 14 Credits