Educating Rita by Willy Russell
9-1 GCSE English Teaching Resources – Educating Rita by Willy Russell
C20th Literature > Drama > Play
Educating Rita teaching resource
113 slide editable PowerPoint presentation
11 lesson unit of work overview
Our Educating Rita resource is made up of 11 lessons which cover the key aspects of the play: plot, characters, dramatic craft, language, themes and the social and historical context of the 1980s.
9-1 GCSE English Teaching Resources: Educating Rita includes:
- Exploring class and class stereotypes
- The play’s context and the Open University
- Exploring connections between language and class
- Analysing the characters of Rita and Frank
- Examining stage directions and setting
- Following the changing relationship between Rita and Frank
- Investigating key themes - education, class, society, wealth, manners etc
- Analysis of tone and mood in significant scenes
- Empathetic writing in character
- Tracking the development of Rita's character
- Evaluating Russell's use of dramatic irony
- Writing tasks and grading criteria
As with all our resources, the Educating Rita PowerPoint is fully editable so you can personalise and differentiate it as much or as little as you want. Add extra slides, delete pages, change the text and imagery and update it as is necessary to suit your teaching needs.
To preview 9-1 GCSE English Teaching Resources: Educating Rita please click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £14.99 / 14 Credits