Dulce Et Decorum Est - teaching resource
Dulce Et Decorum Est by Wilfred Owen
Our Dulce Et Decorum Est teaching resource is made up of a 53-slide PowerPoint and 9 worksheets. Resources cover a range of lessons and activities ideal for teaching the poem at GCSE. The resource can be used as standalone lessons on Dulce Et Decorum Est or incorporated into a wider unit of work on war poetry. It includes a range of stimulating lessons and activities for students of all abilities:
- A biography of Wilfred Owen
- The historical and social context of Dulce Et Decorum Est - World War One, trench warfare, war propaganda and poetry - film footage included
- An introduction to the poem, including a video and audio reading of 'Dulce Et Decorum Est'
- A copy of 'Dulce Et Decorum Est'
- Consolidation of understanding and comprehension tasks
- Wilfred Owen's use of imagery in Dulce Et Decorum Est
- Structure and poetic techniques in the poem
- The theme and message of Dulce Et Decorum Est
- Links to Wilfred Owen website, more war poetry, audio video reading of Dulce Et Decorum Est, BBC history WWI resources, Recruiting and war propaganda posters
To preview the Dulce Et Decorum Est teaching resources, please click on the images.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits