Descriptive Writing - Year 5 and 6 - teaching resource
Descriptive Writing - Year 5 and 6
(6 lesson overview, 82-slide PowerPoint and 9 worksheets)
This Year 5/6 teaching resource is designed to help upper KS2 learners develop and improve their descriptive writing skills. It contains a range of activities suitable for children of all abilities and is easy to tweak, personalise and differentiate.
The resource includes:
- The key features of descriptive writing
- Creating effective imagery and description using powerful adjectives, verbs, similes and metaphors
- Developing and improving vocabulary and word choices
- Structuring and planning a piece of effective descriptive writing
- How to draft a piece of writing to improve it
- An assessment task
And lots more!
To preview Descriptive Writing - Year 5 and 6 please click on the images from the PowerPoint presentation.
Related Teaching ResourcesOur Price : £6.99 / 7 Credits