Compound Words is a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to identify compound words and improve reading and writing skills.
This Powerpoint lesson explores how the use of compound words can help to develop word level skills in reading and writing. Literacy Teaching Resources: Compound Words includes the following tasks and activities:
1. Definition of Compound Words with examples.
2. Identifying smaller words in a compound word task.
3. Question and answer slides to enable peer assessment in the classroom.
4. Using imagery to build compound words activity.
5. Consolidation of understanding.
6. Two Compound Words interactive games links.
Basic Skills Teaching Resources: Compound Words is a fully editable resource so you could use it as a quick starter activity to a literacy lesson or incorporate it into an existing resource, lesson or scheme of work.