Climbing My Grandfather
Climbing My Grandfather by Andrew Waterhouse
GCSE English (9-1) Teaching Resources: Climbing My Grandfather by Andrew Waterhouse is a 17 slide PowerPoint presentation with 3 accompanying worksheets.
English Teaching Resources: Climbing My Grandfather by Andrew Waterhouse has been produced for the new AQA GCSE English syllabus and contains an assortment of teaching ideas and activities for GCSE English students of all abilities.
The PowerPoint and worksheets cover:
- An introduction to Andrew Waterhouse.
- Analysis of Climbing My Grandfather by Andrew Waterhouse – Link to a copy of the poem and consolidation of understanding.
- Structure and form – exploring how Andrew Waterhouse uses structure and form for effect.
- Imagery - Study of the imagery used in Climbing My Grandfather.
- Poetic Techniques – How Waterhouse uses the metaphor of mountain climbing to explore his childhood relationship with his grandfather
- Language – tasks which explore Waterhouse’s word choices and vocabulary.
- The key themes of Climbing My Grandfather examined with notes.
To preview the GCSE English Teaching Resource: Climbing My Grandfather by Andrew Waterhouse please click on the images from the PowerPoint lesson.