Boy (Roald Dahl) - teaching resource
Boy is a brilliant unit of work featuring 10 four-part lessons designed to enhance and develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the book Boy by Roald Dahl. It can be used with either upper KS2 or lower KS3 depending on the ability of the students. The resources include a 98 slide PowerPoint presentation, 14 worksheets and a full 10 lesson unit of work overview.
English Teaching Resources
PROSE > NON-FICTION > AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Boy by Roald Dahl teaching resource
98 slide fully editable PowerPoint presentation
Boy contains a range of activities including:
- A brief biography of Roald Dahl with a short film about his life
- The difference between biography and autobiography
- Make a Roald Dahl family tree - to develop knowledge of the early chapters of Boy
- Examining key characters such as Mrs Pratchett and Captain Hardcastle
- Using synonyms to improve vocabulary
- A drama based lesson using the events of 'The Great Mouse Plot'
- Design a 'Welcome to Norway' holiday brochure
- Studying the main features of an autobiographical text
- Contrasting characters from Boy - Captain Hardcastle and Corkers
- Writing assessment task
To preview English Teaching Resources: Boy by Roald Dahl please click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £8.99 / 9 Credits