Boy (Roald Dahl)
Boy is a brilliant unit of work featuring 10 four-part lessons designed to enhance and develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the book Boy by Roald Dahl. The resources include an 86 slide PowerPoint presentation, 20 worksheets and a full unit of work overview.
English Teaching Resources
PROSE > NON-FICTION > AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Boy by Roald Dahl teaching resource
86 slide fully editable PowerPoint presentation
Boy contains a range of activities including:
- A brief biography of Roald Dahl with a short film about his life
- The difference between biography and autobiography
- Make a Roald Dahl family tree - to develop knowledge of the early chapters of Boy
- Examining key characters such as Mrs Pratchett and Captain Hardcastle
- Using synonyms to improve vocabulary
- A drama based lesson using the events of 'The Great Mouse Plot'
- Design a 'Welcome to Norway' holiday brochure
- Studying the main features of an autobiographical text
- Contrasting characters from Boy - Captain Hardcastle and Corkers
- Writing assessment task
To preview English Teaching Resources: Boy by Roald Dahl please click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits