Bayonet Charge - teaching resource
Bayonet Charge by Ted Hughes
(76-slide PowerPoint and 4 worksheets)
Bayonet Charge includes a variety of lessons and activities to help GCSE students understand the imagery, structure and themes of the poem. Bayonet Charge also contains 4 worksheets which can be used alongside the PowerPoint presentation.
- A brief biography of Ted Hughes
- Exploration of imagery and how to write about language
- A written task with a writing frame to assess students’ understanding of how Ted Hughes uses imagery and an exemplar response.
- Analysis of the use and effect of various poetic techniques.
- Structural devices that learners should look for, key words with definitions, a writing task (with framework) and an exemplar response.
- The themes of the poem explored and consolidation of the poem’s meaning.
- A mnemonic (HIT POEM) and guidelines for writing a poetry comparison.
To preview GCSE English Teaching Resources: Bayonet Charge, please click on the images from the PowerPoint slideshow.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits