Anita and Me - teaching resource
Anita and Me - Unit of Work
'Anita and Me' is made up of a 150-slide PowerPoint presentation, an 8-page booklet of worksheets and a 21-lesson unit of work overview.
Our 'Anita and Me' unit is designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the plot, characters, language, themes and the social and historical context of the novel. It contains a collection of activities for pupils of all abilities, including:
- A brief biography of Meera Syal
- An exploration of the social and historical context of the novel (1970s Britain, the Black Country, immigration in 70s Britain, racial tensions, the partition of India)
- Plot tracking and consolidation activities
- Activities to explore the narrative structure of 'Anita and Me'
- Analysis of the characters of Meena and her family as well as Anita, Tracey and Robert
- Exploration of the key themes of 'Anita and Me' - identity, racism, family, friendship, childhood, growing up, the cultural diversity of C20th Britain
- Developing understanding of the features of a novel – character, theme, plot, style and language
- Examining Meera Syal's use of language - setting, description, contrast, symbolism and pathetic fallacy
- Exploring character development through Meena
- Reading and discussion tasks and questions
- Diary writing (empathetic writing) to consolidate understanding of Meena's development
- A 21 lesson unit of work (following the four part lesson structure)
- A 150-slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview below)
- 8 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint
All PowerPoint slides are fully editable, so you can personalise and differentiate the resources as much or as little as you want. Add extra slides, delete pages, change the text and imagery and update it as is necessary to suit your teaching needs. In addition, the resource contains a unit overview and a student booklet with worksheets created to be used in conjunction with the PowerPoint.
To view the Anita and Me PowerPoint in more detail, you can preview every slide by clicking on the images in the boxes next to the resource’s description.Our Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits