Animal Farm Unit of Work - teaching resource
Animal Farm GCSE Unit of Work
Animal Farm is a GCSE unit of work containing a 176-slide PowerPoint, 50 PDF worksheets and 14 lessons. This engaging scheme of work explores the novel chapter by chapter, analysing its plot, characters, themes, language and historical context through a range of stimulating activities.
These GCSE Animal Farm teaching resources include planning (14 four-part lessons outlined in a unit of work overview), a fully editable PowerPoint teaching resource, and fifty accompanying PDF worksheets. They are designed to teach Animal Farm at GCSE, but can also be used at KS3 Year 9.
To preview our Animal Farm unit of work, click on the images. Clicked images will expand, allowing you to browse each PowerPoint slide in detail.
Below are examples of the activities contained in the lessons.
- Exploring the historical and social context of Animal Farm - Europe in the 1930s, dictatorships and the rise of the USSR
- Chapter by chapter activities to consolidate understanding as learners read through the novel
- Comprehension questions to assess students’ knowledge of plot, characters, language, and themes
- Analysis of the characters of Snowball, Napoleon, Squealer, Boxer and Benjamin
- Exploration of the key themes of power, idealism, corruption, class, socialism, propaganda, social control
- Exploring satire and allegory
- Role play - hot-seating to aid understating of characters
- Developing understanding of key characters through empathy writing activities
- Extension tasks with essay and exam-type questions for higher ability learners
- Plus many more reading and writing tasks and opportunities
You can preview our ‘Animal Farm - GCSE Unit of Work’ teaching resources by clicking on the images.Our Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits