An Introduction to Charles Dickens
English Teaching Resources - An Introduction to Charles Dickens contains a 62 slide Powerpoint presentation and 8 worksheets. The resource provides a selection of different reading and writing tasks and activities for pupils of all abilities all of which are intended to introduce pupils to the works of Charles Dickens.
- A quick quiz to assess prior knowledge of Charles Dickens – his life and work
- Exploring character descriptions from a variety of novels including A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield and Oliver Twist
- Examining Dickens’s style and use of language
- Drawing characters based on description
- To study the features of musical songs from Oliver!
- To write a musical song or poem about a Dickensian character
- Using the opening pages of Great Expectations as a creative writing stimulus
- To analyse a film interpretation of the opening scene of Great Expectations
- To write a script based on the opening Magwitch scene in Great Expectations
To view the English Teaching Resource: An Introduction to Charles Dickens in greater depth and detail please click on the Powerpoint images.Our Price : £5.99 / 6 Credits