An Inspector Calls - KS3
KS3 Drama - English Teaching Resources - An Inspector Calls
An Inspector Calls - KS3 teaching resource (includes PowerPoint and worksheets) contains a 136 slide PowerPoint with 25 accompanying worksheets. All slides can be edited and differentiated to enable you to make the resource fit your particular teaching needs.
This resource has been adapted from our GCSE English Literature resource for use with Year 9 to fit into the KS3 National Curriculum.
These An Inspector Calls - KS3 - teaching resource includes:
* a brief biography of Priestley and the context of pre and post war British society
* activities to develop knowledge of the plot
* analysis of the characters of Arthur, Sybil, Sheila, Eric, and Inspector Goole
* exploration of the key themes (socialism, capitalism, social responsibility)
* the literary, social and historical context of the play (1940s theatre, Pre 1914 Britain, rise of Socialism, Capitalism, the post WWII political climate, Priestley’s contribution to the welfare state)
* developing awareness of the features of a drama text – character, stage directions, etc
* Using Point/Evidence/Explain
* Priestley’s political message
* analysis of language in key scenes
* Priestley’s use of suspense
* hot seating activities
* empathy writing - Diary and letter writing
* video links to help the teaching and learning of key scenes
To preview the KS3 English - An Inspector Calls teaching resource in more detail please click on the images below.
For the GCSE version of An Inspector Calls please click here.Our Price : £17.99 / 18 Credits