Afternoons - teaching resource
GCSE English Teaching Resources: Afternoons by Philip Larkin (PowerPoint and worksheets)
Afternoons by Philip Larkin (42-slide editable PowerPoint with 4 worksheets) is a GCSE English teaching resource for the poem ‘Afternoons’ by Philip Larkin - as featured in the WJEC Eduqas GCSE Poetry Anthology. The resource includes a range of tasks and activities which explore ‘Afternoons’ by Philip Larkin and cover the poem’s context, language, tone, form, style, theme and structure in detail. The resource is aimed at teachers of GCSE students preparing for the WJEC Eduqas GCSE English examinations.
GCSE English Teaching Resources: Afternoons (Philip Larkin) contents include:
- A short introduction to Philip Larkin and the poem’s context (1960s society and gender roles, social housing)
- Consolidation and general comprehension tasks
- Analysing Larkin’s use of language and imagery in Afternoons
- Examining the poem's form, structure and Larkin’s use of poetic techniques
- Modelling how to use P.E.T.E.R. to write analytically about ‘Afternoons’
- Larkin’s ‘message’ and the poem’s key themes
To preview GCSE English teaching resources: Afternoons by Philip Larkin please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits