A Wife in London - teaching resource
A Wife in London teaching resources (PowerPoint and worksheets)
A Wife in London (48-slide editable PowerPoint with 4 worksheets) is an engaging GCSE English teaching resource for the poem ‘A Wife in London’ by Thomas Hardy as featured in the WJEC Eduqas Poetry Anthology. The resource includes a range of activities which cover the poem’s context, language, tone, theme and structure in detail. The resource is aimed at Year 10 and Year 11 pupils preparing to write about the poem in the GCSE exam.
GCSE English Teaching Resources: A Wife in London contents include:
- A short introduction to Thomas Hardy
- An outline of the poem’s context (The Boer War and telegram communications)
- A copy of ‘A Wife in London’ which students can annotate
- Consolidation and comprehension tasks
- Analysing Hardy’s use of language and imagery
- Examining the poem's structure and the use of poetic techniques
- Modelling how to use P.E.T.E.R. to write analytically about the poem
- Hardy’s message and the poem’s themes
To preview GCSE English teaching resources: A Wife in London please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits