A Midsummer Night's Dream - Year 6 - teaching resource
Year 5/6 Teaching Resources: A Midsummer Night's Dream
(131-slide editable PowerPoint presentation and 20 worksheets)
This 14-lesson unit of work is made up of a series of progressive lessons that explore the play’s plot, characters, themes and language. It is the perfect introduction to Year 5 or Year 6 pupils getting to grips with a Shakespeare play for the first time.
The 14 lessons contain a variety of activities for learners of all abilities and cover:
- The Elizabethan theatre and William Shakespeare
- Analysis of the characters
- Shakespeare's use of structure
- The play’s language and imagery
- Diary writing
- The play’s main themes
- The comedy of Shakespeare - creating and resolving conflict
- Video and audio to help UKS2 learners understand key parts of the play
To preview A Midsummer Night's Dream please click on the images from the PowerPoint presentation.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £12.99 / 13 Credits