A Frosty Night (Graves)
A Frosty Night by Robert Graves is a detailed teaching resource which consists of a 39 slide PowerPoint presentation and a booklet of 10 worksheets.
Poetry Teaching Resources: A Frosty Night (Robert Graves) includes a range and variety of lessons and activities for all abilities:
1. A brief biography of Robert Graves with video footage of a BBC interview.
2. Analysis of the poem A Frosty Night, discussion of ideas and consolidation of understanding.
3. Structure & imagery- Discuss how Graves uses structure and explore the imagery of the poem.
4. Style and form - Analysis of style and form and the use of poetic techniques in A Frosty Night.
5. Language - this lesson explores word choices, using P.E.E to write about language in Graves's poem.
6. Themes of A Frosty Night explored, consolidation of meaning and purpose.
7. Links - Where to find further information about Robert Graves to aid additional lessons
8. 39 slide PowerPoint resource for teaching the poem A Frosty Night by Robert Graves.
9. 10 pages of worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint.
This is a FREE resource. Click download to access our free resources.